Our client is a leading manufacturer of composite reinforcements specialising in the production of highly engineered lightweight carbon glass and aramid fabrics.
With their strong investment in research and technology and culture of continuous improvement they recognise their people are the future. They are committed to attracting and maintaining a dedicated team by providing a safe and satisfying work environment valuing diversity creating ongoing opportunities for career advancement and offering excellent compensation and benefits.
To support their continued growth, they need to recruit a Shift Maintenance Engineer into the existing team.
The Objective of the role
Working as part of the Engineering team, the role will be responsible for the day-to-day routine maintenance of the plant and facilities equipment and primarily responsible to reactive and pro-active events of both mechanical and electrical nature.
Reporting into the Engineering & EHS Manager your responsibilities will include the following:
- Assisting with fault finding and repair-implementing root cause corrective actions.
- Understanding machine drawings, user manuals and machine schematics.
- Undertaking TPM (Total Preventative Maintenance) tasks and proactively seeking to promote improvements of the TPM process.
- Maintain daily maintenance logs detailing work completed. Reports to be supplied to the department manager daily and send out shift reports to internal departments.
- Training of production personnel to further improve their skill levels of basic machine maintenance and machine set-up procedures.
This is a shop floor role, and the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in a similar role.
- A relevant engineering qualification/apprenticeship, NVQ level 3.
- A positive outlook and can-do attitude.
- Familiarity with health and safety regulations.
- Experience in a similar environment.
- Basic MS Office experience.
- Multi skilled mechanical engineer.
Salary: Competitive - depending on level of experience - Shift Premium: £2k per annum - Night Shift Allowance: 7.5% of basic salary
Benefits: Bonus Up to 5% (Dependant on company performance) - Employee Cash Plan - pension scheme (5% Matched) - Life Assurance scheme - employee assistance programme
Shifts are a rotation of days/nights 7am to 7pm - rotation will be discussed at interview with the hiring manager.
Holidays: 22 shifts per year
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7065
- Posted: 9th September 2021
- Expires: 7th October 2021