CK Group is recruiting for a Senior Development Chemist to join an adhesives manufacturing company based in Staffordshire, on a full time, permanent basis. This role is offering a salary of around £35,000 but may be negotiable.
Responsibilities of this Senior Development Chemist will include to:
- Deliver clearly defined development projects within agreed timescales medium and long term
- Provide project led technical support to improve manufacturing processes and scale up of products.
- Develop connections to technical stakeholders and raw material suppliers.
- Build experience with how our customers use our products today or in the future, building testing methods to test or products.
- Build knowledge of existing or future emerging technologies.
- Provide project led technical support to customers though technical interactions, the provision of testing, technical presentations and product literature.
- Represent company at relevant industry associations to develop knowledge and understanding of future changes to legislation, standards and industry trends. Communication of these changes to the business team to allow the formulation of a response, where appropriate.
- Continual professional development, through interacting with the EMEA and Global community, or appropriate on ongoing internal/external learning.
- Document learnings through written technical reports.
- Maintain COSHH and other HSE required documentation and records.
- Keep up to date with, health and safety issues in all aspects of the work undertaken.
- Maintain their commitment to the Arkema Essentials
As a Senior Development Chemist you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree (BSc or MSc) with industrial experience, or PhD looking for their first industrial role.
- Project management and communication skills are critical.
- Experience in polymer or material science and/or experience of adhesives and sealant products an advantage.
- Someone who is flexible, a self-starter, organised and has the ability to work and plan projects are essential attributes.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference number 51608.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51608
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 9th September 2021
- Expires: 7th October 2021