CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join a water technology company at their site based in Cheshire on a permanent basis. The role offers a salary of £30-37,000 per annum depending on experience.
Our client is a leading developer of membrane technologies designed to significantly reduce the cost and environmental impact of water treatment.
Senior Scientist Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Development of new functional coatings for porous substrates, especially polymer and ceramic membranes.
- Engaging with raw material suppliers, building collaborative relationships.
- Evaluation of raw materials through testing and effective communication with suppliers and internal team.
- Refinement of existing coatings, by building on desirable properties or development of entirely new coatings.
- Acting as the point of contact for a number of projects.
- Developing robust coating/printing processes, which are well understood and repeatable. An understanding of statistical quality control tools is desirable.
- Maintaining compliance with regulatory and safety matters on an application and geographical basis.
- Maintaining laboratory consumables and chemical stock.
- Displaying excellent communication skills for both internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry, Material Science, Chemistry or a related subject.
- PhD qualified in a relevant field (desirable).
- 3-5 years experience in running research and development programmes.
- 2 years experience managing a small team.
- Demonstrable working knowledge of formulation, coatings and membrane filtration (desirable).
- Confident and clear communicator at ease delivering results informally to colleagues and formally in presentations. Proactive in updating supervising staff members.
- Excellent and organised project manager.
- Ability to influence internally and externally, to ensure project success.
- At ease working in groups, individually or with industrial collaborators.
- Quick learner, able to adapt to a rapidly changing, innovative environment.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems against time pressures.
- Working knowledge of Health and Safety.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 51359.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51359
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 8th September 2021
- Expires: 6th October 2021