CK Group is recruiting for a Senior Laboratory Technician to join an oil and gas service company at their site located in Aberdeen, on an initial 6 month contract with a good opportunity to be made permanent.
The main purpose of your role as a Senior Laboratory Technician is to perform laboratory testing and reporting following approved standards, procedures and protocols, as well as specialised analytical techniques. You will also provide training to less-experienced lab staff and deputise for the Laboratory Manager in their absence.
Further responsibilities will include:
- Reporting of laboratory testing using standard laboratory reporting tools, procedures & methods.
- Responsible for laboratory maintenance, preparing solutions and media and ordering supplies, ensuring material stocks are up-to-date and timely delivery of samples.
- Assist in matters pertaining to the standardisation of laboratory procedures, audits, QA, calibrations, etc.
- Operate requisite laboratory equipment and instruments; record data; maintain and make minor adjustments to equipment as required.
- Identify equipment performance issues and make recommendations for improvements, where appropriate.
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Degree educated in chemistry or energy related discipline, or qualified by experience.
- Able to maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Chemical safety requirements for laboratories, including proper disposal of special waste materials.
- Understanding and application API standards and GLP.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an oil and gas service company who are based in Aberdeen. This is a contract position and would be a great opportunity for someone to obtain and further their experience within a work laboratory.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 51611 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: James Horne
- Phone: 0191 384 8905
- Reference: 51611
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 8th September 2021
- Expires: 6th October 2021