CK Group are recruiting for a Development Technician on behalf of a leading multinational producer of household plastic products at their site in Cramlington on a permanent basis. The company have been undergoing a period of growth, and offer excellent opportunities for personal development and career progression, as well as structured training.
The successful candidate would be responsible for:
-To coordinate and ensure that all aspects of the company program and evaluation of outdoor samples are carried out effectively and within the specified time constraints.
- To ensure that all machines are maintained in good working order to minimise downtime.
- Promote and develop ideas for improvements to the Weathering Programme and Equipment set up.
- Contribute to the understanding and interpretation of test results in relation to product construction and modifications.
- Complete and report laboratory work and to assist in running and reporting of lamination line trials.
Further responsibilities include:
Responsible for managing and co-ordinating all aspects associated with the company program are completed and reported within the specified timescales.
- Controlling sample test request
- Managing results database
- Planning sample evaluation cycle times
- Controlling physical period sampling history archive
- Optimise machine capacities
- Training of additional personnel ensuring consistent test results interpretation.
- Responsible for maintaining and basic maintenance of all machines to ensure that they are in good working order to minimise downtime and Manufacturer\'s Service Engineer\'s costs within budget.
- Monitoring and regular reporting of operating costs of machines/facility.
- Perform regular general laboratory operations and report laboratory work as requested
The successful candidates will have the following skills and experience:
- Level 3 or equivalent in a science base discipline plus 2 years relevant experience within a polymer processing industry.
- Good time management, self-organisation and planning skills.
- To be able to make both visual and instrumental colour assessments
- Be up to date with industry standards and company procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are needed to explain and justify any opinions or decisions. Formal, well written reports are expected which must be clear and detailed.
- Be able to operate as a member of a Team and to make a positive contribution to its success.
- Have a high degree of proficiency in the operations under his/her control and possesses the ability to train others to the same standard.
- Outside working hours may be required in accordance with the needs of the business.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 51215 in all correspondence.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51215
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 8th September 2021
- Expires: 6th October 2021