Graduate Applications Chemist required, based in Cheshire West. Degree in Chemistry essential, with good wet chemistry skills and a practical mind set. Some industrial experience preferable.
Graduate Applications Chemist
Salary: £22,000 - £25,000 per annum + benefits
SRG is working with a highly innovative company who have operations all over the world and an R&D centre headquartered in Cheshire, where they develop speciality chemicals and additives for a range of downstream industries. With a brand new project about to start, they are now looking for a Graduate Applications Chemist to join the team and support experimental work in the lab to test and assess the performance of new products in application. This will also involve working on bespoke tests to look at chemical, mechanical and physical properties and report on results. It would be a brilliant opportunity for a Chemistry graduate with some industrial experience either from a placement year or post-graduation. Applications from graduates without experience are also welcome.
Benefits: You will join a small team in a larger, diverse & dynamic department - with full training and lots of opportunities to learn from experienced scientists in varied disciplines. An excellent environment to build hands-on experience in. 38 working hours, Monday to Friday with flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 bank holidays. Enhanced pension scheme, private healthcare and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Supporting Senior Chemists with applications testing in long term research projects
- Designing bespoke tests and experiments in the lab (with support and training) to assess performance of synthesised products in application
- Evaluating additive performance in formulations and custom-designed test rigs
- Understanding mechanistic and chemical properties of new products
- Investigate mechanisms for successful experiments to aid replication
- Reporting on and presenting data to senior team members to feedback into the R&D process
- Offering technical input and creative ideas/solution to technical problems and the overall project
- Minimum degree in Chemistry
- Good practical wet chemistry skills
- Experience of working in an industrial laboratory environment preferred (analytical or physical testing experience advantageous)
- Good interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to demonstrate creative thinking and creativity in practical situations
- E.g. Interests, hobbies or other work experience which require problem solving skills
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, chemist, chemistry, degree, BSc, MChem, MSc graduate, chemical, chemistry, bench chemistry, testing, applications, testing, physical, mechanisms, mechanistic, combustion, performance, year in industry, industrial placement
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2161848
- Posted: 7th September 2021
- Expires: 5th October 2021