Organic Synthetic Chemist required, based in Greater Manchester. Requiring experience of organic synthesis in an industrial setting and a degree in Chemistry.
Title: Organic Synthetic Chemist
Location: Greater Manchester
Salary: £25,000 - £32,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are currently working with a global and innovative business who have been producing speciality chemical ingredients for a range of diverse applications. The business is now looking for an Organic Synthetic Chemist to join their R&D team based in their site in Greater Manchester. Working largely independently, this role will primarily involve performing synthetic work to additives for plastics with a focus on producing them based on green materials.
Benefits: You will join a successful and well-established Research and Development (R&D) team with a great opportunity to progress as a research bench chemist. 37.5 working hours per week, Monday - Friday with flexibility on start/finish times. 25 days holiday + 8 statutory days and pension scheme.
- Performing synthetic work to prepare target compounds, including proposing synthetic routes that have been researched from literature or own knowledge
- Developing new and existing processes to improve product quality and yield
- Analysis of final products using HPLC, GC, NMR and assorted wet chemistry techniques
- Supporting in the development and scale up of laboratory methods into viable manufacturing processes
- Providing detailed written and verbal reports
- Proven industrial experience of organic synthesis
- Experience of analysis using HPLC, GC, NMR and wet chemistry is desirable but not essential
- Minimum degree in Chemistry (or similar)
- Good organisation skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Able and willing to work independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: organic synthesis, organic chemistry, synthetic route, design, R&D, research & development, literature reviews, custom synthesis, synthesis, polymer additives, additives, antioxidants, plastics, plastic additives, chemist, research chemist, reaction, scale up, BSc, MSc, MChem, PhD
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161845
- Posted: 7th September 2021
- Expires: 5th October 2021