An innovative, start-up energy storage company that has recently completed a significant round of funding is currently recruiting for an R&D Technician to join its team based in Cambridge on a permanent basis. The company has substantial backing in industry and has agreed major partnerships with global leading businesses - working on next-generation battery technology.
R&D Technician responsibilities
- actively involved in synthesis and characterisation of a range of battery materials, and in contributing to improvements to the company's laboratory and processes.
- Operate the laboratory and pilot battery materials synthesis line for various experiments
- Prepare experiments to project requirements, including good record-keeping
- Characterisation of battery materials; including evaluation of key parameters
- Quality control of battery materials
- Preparation of shipments to customers or partners
- Data analysis and preparation of reports to key stakeholders
- Regular presentations to key stakeholders
- Follow and maintain quality control procedures (SOP's) to the highest safety standards
R&D Technician requirements
- Degree qualification in Chemistry, Materials Science or Chemical Engineering.
- Proven experience working in a commercial R&D Laboratory/pilot plant.
- Excellent laboratory skills, including maintaining a lab notebook, and good housekeeping
- Hard-working, organized, and highly self-motivated
- Capable of prioritising tasks to meet project goals
- Excellent ability to work as part of a diverse international team, to strict deadlines
- Experience in materials characterisation, particularly XRD
- Experience working to SOP's
£Comp + excellent company benefits + potential of rapid career growth
R&D Technician/Chemistry/Pilot/Batteries/Energy Storage
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7064
- Posted: 7th September 2021
- Expires: 5th October 2021