Job Title: Laboratory Cell Biology Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 6 Months + potential to go permanent
Pay Rate: £11.50 an hour (circa £22,000 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading.
They are currently seeking a laboratory based technician required to conduct specialised laboratory plant tissue culture processes involved in the production of Doubled Haploid (DH) cereals for the European breeding programmes. Training will be provided on the methods for carrying out tissue cultures.
- Conduct daily laboratory aseptic plant tissue culture techniques including light microscopy, plant dissection, plant embryo culture and flow cytometry.
- Chemical handling e.g use of pipette
- Recording of electronic laboratory data
- Minimum of a BSc or equivalent within a science related subject (preferably biological sciences or similar)
- Have some experience working within a lab (academically)
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritise your workload
- Good skills with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Follow SOPs and Health & Safety protocols
- Enjoys working within a team
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on Irfan.firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160503
- Posted: 7th September 2021
- Expires: 5th October 2021