An innovative, start-up energy storage company that has recently completed a significant round of funding is currently recruiting for a Cell Development Technician to join its team based in Cambridge on a permanent basis. The company has substantial backing in industry and has agreed major partnerships with global leading businesses - working on next-generation battery technology.
Cell Development Technician responsibilities
- Actively involved and contribute to the development and optimisation of cell performances using advanced materials.
- Contribute on performance improvements and cost reduction by implementing new tests and ensuring their follow-up.
- Ensure the implementation, launch, monitoring and operation of laboratory tests (electrical and physico-chemical).
- Carry out the physico-chemical characterization and electrochemical evaluation of new advanced materials in collaboration with external laboratories, participate in the validation of the results.
- Contribute to solving Lab/technical problems faced during the cell development and propose innovative ideas.
- Operate the laboratory, manage the supply of consumables, and ensure the equipment maintenance for which you are responsible.
- Follow and maintain quality control procedures (SOP's) to the highest safety standards.
Cell Development Technician requirements
- Degree level qualification in Chemistry or closely related (Physics, Materials Science)
- Proven experience working within an industrial R&D laboratory - carrying out experiments on batteries/energy storage/cells/anodes.
- Electrochemistry expertise would be highly desirable.
- Excellent laboratory skills, including maintaining a lab notebook, and good housekeeping
- Hard-working, organized, and highly self-motivated
- Capable of prioritising tasks to meet project goals
- Excellent ability to work as part of a diverse international team, to strict deadlines
£Comp + excellent company benefits + potential of rapid career growth
Cell Development Technician/Batteries/Energy Storage/Electrochemistry
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7062
- Posted: 7th September 2021
- Expires: 5th October 2021