A growing biopharmaceutical organisation currently requires a Production Chemist to join its team based at their state of the art facility on the Isle of Man. This is a fantastic position for Chemistry graduates with the opportunity to gain industry exposure in a GMP-like environment. If successful you will receive financial relocation support and temporary accommodation.
This position is a permanent opportunity, requiring relocation to the Isle of Man.
Production Chemist Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manufacture of small- and large-scale chromatography products using a variety of equipment running multiple chemical reactions on site.
- Operate reactors and equipment and ensure compliance with current procedures.
- Ensure that all written instructions/directions are strictly followed.
- Comply with all Company and Health & Safety procedures to maintain high standards of safety hygiene and quality.
- Conduct environmental monitoring procedures according to in-house methods and regulations.
- Sampling preparation and analysis of process materials.
- Report and record any irregularities and environmental monitoring complete all documents and support Corrective Actions.
- Participate in training schemes to continuously improve high standards and working practices.
- Work in a cleanroom environment (GMP) conduct routine end-of-day cleaning.
- Ensure efficient and safe batch handovers.
- Supporting designated production area and taking ownership for close out of process issues raised either to support customer delivery and/or improve process.
- Actively participates in continuous improvements.
Production Chemist Experience and Qualifications required:
- Degree in Chemistry (or related discipline)
- Demonstrated experience of working in a high-pressure fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience of successfully managing multiple tasks simultaneously and creative problem solving
- Knowledge of GMP regulatory aspects and pharmaceutical regulations; desirable
- Flexible and adaptable attitude - must be willing to work shifts through days nights and weekends if required.
- Ability to learn quickly and follow strict procedures
- Excellent planning organisation and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail good level of numeracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience of process improvement
Role: Production Chemist
Package: £22k - £27k relocation package if required
Sector: Engineering / Pharmaceutical /Chemical / Manufacturing / Scientific
Location: Isle of Man
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7060
- Posted: 6th September 2021
- Expires: 4th October 2021