CK Group is recruiting for a Quality Control Laboratory Manager to join a specialist chemicals manufacturing company based in Greater Manchester, on a full time, permanent basis.
This company specialises in polymer and resin manufacture and offers benefits such as healthcare, pension, 25 days\' holiday and bonus.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this person will ensure the prioritisation, organisation and completion of tasks in association with the QC department. This role is primarily managerial; some hands on QC work will be required as and when necessary however leadership of the lab will be the main responsibility.
Further responsibilities of this QC Lab Manager will be:
- The clean and safe operation of the QC laboratory and support on safety matters for the site including COSHH assessment
- Control of the QC laboratory and the QC personnel, amongst others
- Investigating and resolving issues, complaints and other QHSE functions as detailed in the relevant manuals
- Maintain QC documentation; Assist with formula revisions amongst others
- Ensuring all QC staff are fully aware of their position, responsibilities, accountability, job function including objectives
- Ensuring the department is adequately stocked, staffed and operates in compliance with policy and procedures and satisfy support of process work patterns
- Training, tracking and measuring QC staff performance
- Liaising with customers and with R&D
- Assisting with internal/external audits
As a QC Laboratory Manager, you will have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience of managing a busy Lab Team is essential
- Chemistry/Science degree - desirable
- Knowledge and experience of Best Practice Lab testing techniques
- COSHH knowledge is essential
- MS excel, word & outlook knowledge is essential
- Has a flexible approach to working hours
- Experience with viscosity testing, gel time, specific gravity etc. would be preferred as well as experience working with coatings, paints or resins.
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. Please quote reference 51566.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sajra Hameed
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51566
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 6th September 2021
- Expires: 4th October 2021