£25,000 to £30,000 annually
Based in Berkshire, Permanent
Do you have experience working in a laboratory or administrative role?
Would you like to work for a leading COVID-19 testing organisation in Berkshire?
SRG have partnered with a newly established diagnostics company who work to provide high quality, private COVID-19 testing to support a number of growing industries. They provide government approved, on-site testing that is specifically tailored to the needs of the client and allows them to carry out their work in a safe and secure environment.
Due to continued growth and company development, they are looking to recruit a Laboratory Coordinator who will act as the first and main point of contact for the operations and other internal teams seeking updates and information from the laboratory. In addition, the successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating within the laboratory, this will include communicating priorities, updating laboratory schedules and ensuring lab sample management.
Key Responsibilities of the Laboratory Coordinator will include:
- Liaising with laboratory staff and supervisors to coordinate laboratory testing.
- Ensuring a steady flow of samples into the laboratory by overseeing sample receipt.
- Communicating priorities and organising testing to adhere to required turnaround times.
- Liaise with relevant teams to ensure results are reported in a timely manner and within expected timelines.
- Responsibility for the laboratory enquiries inbox, prioritising, responding and actioning as necessary.
- Acting as the main point of contact for both internal and external queries relating to laboratory services.
To be considered for the Laboratory Coordinator role you will need the following skills and experience;
- BSc/MSc in Life Sciences is preferable (Biology, Biochemistry, Biomedical Science, Molecular Biology, etc.) or equivalent working experience in the sciences
- Demonstratable strong customer facing and customer service skills.
- Previous experience in Laboratory Coordination/Administration is beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal sills in order to build established relationships effectively.
- Time management skills in order to work at pace on several different projects at the same time.
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues and external contacts.
Key Words "Laboratory Coordinator, Laboratory Administrator, Laboratory, Sample Management, Logging Samples, Telephone enquiries, Email enquiries, COVID-19, Scientific Documents, Lab Equipment, Sample Reception, Graduate, Berkshire"
Please apply online or call Katie-May Kress on 0203 0964711 for more information.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Katie-May Kress
- Phone: 0203 096 4711
- Reference: J33037
- Posted: 6th September 2021
- Expires: 4th October 2021