An industry leading materials development business that design, develop, and manufacture a range of impact protection products for applications within the extreme sports, military, and technology sectors is looking for a creative graduate product designer to join its technology team. As a product designer you will work as part of the design team, supporting product development through initial design, prototyping through to manufacture.
To be successful as you should hold a degree in product design or closely a related discipline, have experience working with SolidWorks, 3D CAD and Adobe software for 2D rendering.
This is a great opportunity to join a fast-moving Design team who develop innovative and market defining protective products. The focus will be to support Product developments with a broad range of design skills including 2D idea generation, 3D CAD modelling and physical prototyping for testing and review.
- Support scoping and planning of projects by reviewing product briefs, challenging the information provided, identifying the critical requirements, and supporting the team in finding answers to any remaining questions.
- Work closely with customers whilst managing their expectations ensuring products meet their requirements.
- Support Senior Designers with Product Developments.
- Participate in problem solving / idea generation sessions to capture and consider multiple solutions.
- Continuously review designs against the brief including costs, time and risks ensuring the strongest proposals move forward.
- 2D sketching for communicating ideas and developing them to a final design.
- 2D rendering for presentation to
- colleagues and customers.
- 3D CAD modeling developing parts to a final design ready for tooling and manufacture.
- Hold a degree in product design or closely a related discipline.
- Good level of hand sketching to communicate ideas.
- Strong working knowledge of 3D CAD for surfacing and Solid Modelling (SolidWorks)
- Working knowledge of Adobe software including Photoshop and Illustrator for 2D rendering
- Experience of physical prototyping.
- Working knowledge of common Microsoft software.
Salary: £. Competitive
Benefits: 23 days holiday + Banks, on-site gym, free on-site parking.
Location: Croydon, South London
Role: Permanent, Full Time
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7061
- Posted: 6th September 2021
- Expires: 4th October 2021