An innovate bio-packaging start-up business is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager to its team based in London. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic, stemming from plant-based protein - a first of its kind in industry. As Business Development Manager, you manage interactions with potential customers in the food/beverage and coatings markets - acting as a bridge between the internal product development team & client.
The ideal candidate will be BSc/MSc level qualified in Chemistry or closely related, coupled with account management/business development experience gained in the FMCG/Packaging/Food/Beverage industry.
Business Development Manager Responsibilities
- Driving sales of company's Coating material(s) to UK/CE predominantly (though potentially global) Converters, Coaters and/or Mills.
- Managing new client onboarding, including facilitating technical team interactions on both sides of the relationship
- Managing product sampling activity where relevant
- Developing novel commercial structures and offers.
- Coordinating relationships with development partners and potential customers, managing relationships through customer testing and validation, tender and procurement, and initial product sales.
- Acting as a bridge between the product development team and customers.
- Researching, developing, and mapping potential markets and applications.
- Developing and maintaining a CRM.
- Representing the company with media and events, working with the PR agency and other consultancies on communications.
Business Development Manager Requirements
- Degree qualification in Chemistry or closely related field of study. Business qualifications also accepted.
- Direct business development/account management experience gained in the packaging industry (converter, paper mill and board wholesaler) or Food/Beverage.
- Launching new packaging (for example, for a national retailer, FMCG manufacturer or foodservice operator etc.)
- Launching new products that included a new packaging component as part of the launch
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with a highly technical team of Scientists & Chemical Engineers.
- Marketing communications experience.
- An enthusiasm for sustainability and addressing the global issue of plastic pollution.
- The right fit for a small, science-led, innovative team and a high level of autonomy, creativity, and independence.
The company can provide a huge opportunity to work with industry leading businesses and to work with ground-breaking technology. There is real scope for rapid career development and growth for the right individual.
£50k-£60k + shares
Business Development Manager/CRM/Bioplastics/Sustainability/Materials/Packaging/Food/Coatings
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7024
- Posted: 6th September 2021
- Expires: 4th October 2021