A growing pharmaceutical business has an exciting opportunity for a Principal Formulation Scientist to join its team. As a key member of the company, you will be responsible for leading and executing formulation projects, as well as maintaining communication with external partners. You must be able to demonstrate a significant history of working in pharmaceutical formulation, including the development of topical drugs.
- Support topical drug formulation development from conception to final marketing.
- Liasion with Contract Research and Manufacturing Organisations
- Provide research & technical leadership and manage projects in collaboration with external CROs/CMOs.
- Attend CROs/CMOs and project meetings.
- Provide project updates in team and core meetings. Provide feedback on laboratory budget needs and lab associates' development requirements.
- Plan and prioritize monthly tasks.
- Liaise with analytical scientists to design, implement & execute stability programs in-house.
- Provide technical training and supervise junior scientists.
- Scale-up and transfer of formulation technology to CMO
- Dissemination of research in internal presentations
- BSc in Chemistry or related scientific discipline (PhD would be considered advantageous)
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably with topical drug formulations. Experience in the cosmetics or food industry could also be considered.
- Familiarity with testing of topical drug formulations (in vitro and in vivo models)
- Proven project management skills and experience in communicating with CROs/CMOs.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical development regulatory guidelines and ICH guidelines
- Familiarity with COSHH regulations
- Solid experience in writing and maintaining SOPs, scientific reports, etc.
- Candidate must have the right to work in the UK.
- Understanding of matters related to intellectual property
- Understanding of pharmacology related to small molecules and peptides
- Materials science - rheology, particle sizing, characterization of materials
- Experience in scale-up, ideally in pharmaceutical formulation
- Experience in drafting eCTD module 3 sections for regulatory submissions
- Statistics - medical/ clinical trials, drug stability, QbD and DoE
- Any experience with surfaces, colloids and coatings
- Must be self-motivated, possess good interpersonal skills, and able to independently handle a wide variety of work assignments and meet tight timelines.
- Candidate will work in a fast-changing environment and needs good judgment and awareness to recognize and solve formulation issues.
- Strong computer skills - Microsoft Office as a minimum, statistics packages and programming advantageous
- Good writing, communication, and time-management skills.
- Team-working and ability to plan and conclude on own working tasks.
- Proactive mentality and ability to work in a small team environment.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced formulation scientist who is seeking a new challenge to their career and looking forward to working within a growing organization. You will be joining a small and expanding team of formulation and analytical scientists working with regulatory and business development experts.
- Competitive salary, dependant on skills and experience
- 25 days annual leave per annum
- Company pension contributions
- Free shuttle bus from the local Railway station
- Season ticket loan
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7058
- Posted: 3rd September 2021
- Expires: 1st October 2021