Scientist (Immunology) - Assay Development
Competitive salary & benefits
SRG is thrilled to be partnering with our entrepreneurial biotechnology client, who focus in the area of synthetic biology to support the development of exciting and novel caner immunotherapies. They are seeking an experienced and driven Scientist to join their expanding preclinical research team where you will be responsible for developing and improving assays to support a number of high-profile preclinical projects. Reporting into the Head of immunology, you will be required to develop protocols, optimise in vitro immunoassays, bioassays, gene expression to assist cross-functional product development.
- Develop, perform and improve assays to support ongoing preclinical projects and product testing
- Design and develop assays to support technology transfer, working closely with external collaborators
- Provide ongoing research updates and data reports to the team
- Maintain an updated knowledge of new assay technologies that could be applied to new research projects
- Ensure you keep updated records of all research work and complete all required documentation
- Play a pivotal role in shaping future research plans
- Support & mentor members of the preclinical team
Ideal candidates will hold an Msc (or equivalent) in Immunology or a related subject with proven industrial experience of assay development to support preclinical projects. Immunology focused project work is essential and candidates must have proven practical industrial experience of ELISA, cytokine assays, chemotaxis assays, functional cell bioassays and PCR. Experience in cell culture (primary immune cells and cell lines) is also essential. Candidates must demonstrate excellent analytical and data interpretation skills and have the ability to work independently and as part of a growing team.
In return, our client can offer a great opportunity to join a growing and innovative company where you will be involved in some exciting and novel preclinical projects to support their impressive product development.
To discuss this position further, please email or call for a confidential discussion - email@example.com / 01223 607853
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161780
- Posted: 3rd September 2021
- Expires: 1st October 2021