Health, Safety and Environment manager is required to join a growing biopharmaceutical company based on the Isle of Man
This is an exciting opportunity for a Health, Safety & Environment Manager to join their site in the Isle of Man. The successful candidate will ensure the Company and its employees adopt safe working practices in compliance with applicable health, safety and environmental legislation and best practice. The main responsibilities will include:
- Policies and procedures - develop and implement health and safety policies and safe working procedures/practices.
- Safety Training - Conduct ongoing safety training for all employees and assure ensure that new employees receive induction training.
- Safety Reviews - Conduct health and safety audits/inspections to ensure Company health and safety HSE procedures are followed, and health, & safety & environment equipment is maintained.
- Major incidents - Develop action plans in the event of a major incident and coordinate with company managers and local authorities as required; contribute on H&S matters to Company Disaster Recovery plans.
- Accident Investigation - In the event of any accident or injury conduct an investigation of the incident, seeking the root cause. Report findings to the senior management team (and RIDDOR if applicable) and recommend improvements.
- Documentation - Ensure HSEH&S related training records, risk assessments, accident reports and other documents are completed and stored properly.
- Safety Meetings - Conduct HSE health and safety meetings at both Isle of Man and Cambridge Sites other sites (if required).
- Identify health & safety legislation applicable to the company, make recommendations as to how such legislation should be incorporated into company policy and implement appropriate action in collaboration with company managers.
- Fire Safety - Appointment and training of fire wardens; planning, performance and recording of fire drills; ensuring adequate signage and identification of escape routes; maintenance of fire monitoring/alarm systems and firefighting/fire suppression equipment; ensuring conformance with applicable fire safety regulations including DSEAR, ATEX & COMAH.
- Environment Occupation health - Focusing on the health of the employees, perform regular assessments of the work environment/conditions including air quality, noise and ensure adequate controls are in place and sight hazards.
- Hazardous Materials. Ensure the company has adequate procedures and training for the identification, storage, handling, use and disposal of hazardous materials (COSHH, REACH).
- Hazardous Waste - Management of site waste levels (including TFS and effluent plant efficiency management), minimisation of waste, identification of economical disposal practices.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- NEBOSH International diploma in occupational health and safety
- Experience witihn a Manufacturing Environment
- 5 years relevant experience in a similar or highly regulated industry
- Fire Safety - Knowledge of COMAH, ATEX, DSEAR is desirable
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7029
- Updated: 9th September 2021
- Expires: 7th October 2021