An innovative start-up has an exciting opportunity for a Biomaterials Scientist to join its team. You will be one of the first in the R&D team working on the innovation and development of novel biomaterials for tissue engineering applications. You must have previous experience in biomaterials for tissue engineering applications.
As a biomaterials scientist/chemist in the Bioreactors R&D Team you will be tasked with the innovation and development of novel biomaterials for tissue engineering applications. You will have the opportunity to work at the interface of biology, chemistry and materials science, to develop scaffolds incorporating novel surface chemistry to facilitate tissue growth.
- Development and improvement of novel biomaterials/scaffold to enable efficient cell attachment, expansion, differentiation and harvest.
- Execute biomaterial fabrication, measurement and analysis procedures.
- Design, plan, and execute R&D experiments, ensuring that deliverables are successfully met within timeline.
- Analyse, summarise, record and communicate experimental results.
- Document research findings clearly in an electronic lab book.
- Along with team members, provide routine laboratory maintenance, including participating in equipment upkeep, cleaning rotas and laboratory consumables stock management.
- Select, follow and adapt experimental protocols and generate laboratory SOPs.
- Support the preparation of laboratory risk assessments and maintenance of health and safety protocols.
- Ensure that laboratory health, safety and quality procedures are followed.
- Participate regularly in group meetings and prepare and deliver presentations to project team and internal stakeholders.
Bachelors, Masters or PhD in Biomaterials & Tissue Engineering, Chemistry or related field.
Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- 2+ years industrial or academic research experience in biomaterials for tissue engineering applications.
- Multi-disciplinary background in biology, chemistry and materials science.
- The synthesis, development and characterization of biomaterials.
- Surface modification of biomaterials.
- Three-dimensional cell culture and characterization.
- Substantial experience in aseptic cell culture, ideally with primary stem cells.
Skills and personality traits:
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken.
- Good time management and organisational skills.
- Able to multitask
- Happy in a small team.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6521
- Posted: 2nd September 2021
- Expires: 30th September 2021