As the company continues to grow rapidly, CatSci require an additional Process Chemistry Team Manager (catalysis and organic synthetic chemistry) to join our team in Cardiff. .
What will your role look like?
As a Process Chemistry Team Manager you will lead and line-manage operation of the technical teams to deliver excellent process research and development for our customers. You will be mentoring and coaching junior members of staff and by leading by example you will support teams’ personal and technical development.
Our Process Chemistry Team Managers demonstrate and deliver scientific excellence in your area of chemical expertise, following external scientific and technological development in the area of small molecule chemical development.
Key Accountabilities of Process Chemistry Team Manager:
- Team development and leadership
- Support with recruitment and inductions
- Ensuring team meets expected compliance requirements
- Developing fit-for-purpose ways of working and metrics
- Ensuring quality of work exceeds customer expectations
- Working flexibly across the matrix organisation - team, project and functional boundaries to support and share team/project insights, opportunities and challenges
- Budget responsibility
Who are we?
CatSci Ltd, based in Cardiff, UK, is an innovation partner to the chemical research, development and manufacturing industries, specialising in process research and development for manufacturing drug substance and other high value materials. CatSci Ltd has extensive knowledge and expertise in a wide range of chemistry from discovery support through to full scale manufacturing and life-cycle management.
What is in it for you?
- Competitive salary: £41,700 - £50,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- 25 days annual leave
- Company benefits, including Employee Growth Shares Scheme
- Annual bonus
- Wellbeing Program
- Permanent and temporary opportunities
- Flexible working arrangements (subject to prior agreement)
- The best team to work with (even if it is us saying so!)
What we are looking for in the next Process Chemistry Team Manager?
- A PhD in chemistry with significant experience in the industry
- Detailed understanding of organic synthesis, scale-up and process chemistry
- Expertise in the use of practical synthetic chemistry techniques
- Management and leadership experience and capability
- Evidence of continues professional development
- Financial acumen in project management
*As an equal opportunities employer, we will provide reasonable support to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. If you require any adjustments in order to attend/ perform in the interview, please do not hesitate to let us know.Do you have what it takes to join on this journey of growth? Apply by sending your CV, which clearly demonstrates required criteria
- Employer: CatSci Ltd.
- Contact: Seb York
Website: CatSci Ltd.
- Updated: 2nd September 2021
- Expires: 30th September 2021