3 Month temp contract - long term extension expected
Contact Marcus: 0121 726 9711 firstname.lastname@example.org
To support the Head of Biology at the research facility in cell biology assays and techniques within the newly established laboratories of this leading institution.
This role also includes collaborating with a multidisciplinary team of scientists and you will be required to engage with internal and external stakeholders.
Main support duties / key responsibilities:
* Working closely with the Group Leaders for the provision of technical support for the satisfactory operation of research activities and equipment at Research Complex.
* Consulting with Group Leaders regarding the setting up of experimental systems and research apparatus, including the development of research procedures and techniques to meet research needs and desirable modifications outlined in the relevant literature as directed by Group Leaders.
* To support the Scientific and Technical Support Manager with the task of organising, managing and maximising the resources of the research laboratories of RCaH.
* Support the general maintenance and management of the research laboratories and the equipment within them. This could include assistance with the ordering of materials and equipment or involvement in arranging for building or equipment maintenance, repairs and improvements.
* Help in the procurement of laboratory equipment, software and consumables in accordance with MRC/SBS guidance. Research and liaise with suppliers to seek competitive quotes for new equipment.
* Provide training on key instruments and sign off training documents.
* Ensure that all new items of equipment are logged, and asset tagged on arrival, and that details are entered into the asset management system appropriately
* Maintain, monitor and calibrate equipment as necessary, and assist with the logistics of moving equipment and other items around within the lab spaces. This will involve some manual handling.
Education / Qualifications / Training required:
Essential: PhD in Biological Science preferably in Cell Biology
Previous work experience required:
Experience with a wide range of Cell Biology techniques.
* Excellent verbal and written skills.
* Proven ability to work in a team and independently.
* Ability to plan own workload and respond to the demands of the department.
* Good record keeping skills. High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
If you or anybody in your network is interested then please do get in touch with your most up to date CV.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161772
- Updated: 9th September 2021
- Expires: 7th October 2021