Job Title: Senior Formulation Chemist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Duration: 2 years + Extensions
Pay Rate: Up to £19.23 an hour (circa £35,998 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading who are currently seeking a Senior Formulation Chemist to join their Formulation Group. Your role will be to apply your fundamental understanding of physical chemistry and a scientific approach to develop crop protection products.
- You'll be planning and conducting experimental programmes to support a portfolio of diverse and challenging projects, including the development of new formulations and the optimization of existing products.
- You will work largely independently but under the support of your team leader, so good organisation skills, scientific curiosity and an ability to solve technical problems are all critical.
- You need to be comfortable working at the interface of scientific disciplines as you'll be working with scientists from other functions as part of multi-disciplinary project teams. #
- You'll need great communication skills to report, record and present your data to technical and business teams.
- Minimum of a degree in Chemistry or similar related scientific subject. In addition, you will have either a PhD in Chemistry, or have significant relevant industrial experience formulating crop protection, pharmaceutical, personal care, consumer products or similar.
- A good understanding of colloid science relevant to the design and characterisation of formulated products is ideal, with some experience of designing and making formulations. Additional training will be provided where needed.
- Experience of working independently and safely in a chemical lab environment.
- Scientific curiosity and a passion to keep learning.
- Good organisational and project management skills.
- Great communication, teamworking and networking skills.
- To be a flexible team player.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.email@example.com.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161416
- Posted: 1st September 2021
- Expires: 29th September 2021