Applications are welcome from experienced Scientific/ Medical Editors looking to gain more responsibilities and to step-up into this role.
Assisting the Managing Editor, the Deputy Managing Editor will direct and oversee the editing and publication of their oncology journal through the leadership of a team of first and final readers. This will involve you evaluating the output of first and final readers, providing feedback and preparing progress reports. As part of your role you will also perform first/ second edit of articles and when required check factual content. Furthermore, will also ensure operational adherence to the organisation's working methods, procedures and systems.
To apply for this excellent Deputy Managing Editor role you should have the following:
- A degree in biological sciences (ideally MSc or PhD)
- Final reading experience with significant copy editing and proofreading experience.-The ability to demonstrate how to manage a team
- Be able to maintain scientific knowledge appropriate to the role.
keywords: editing, editor, editorial, publishing, publisher, oncology, cancer, biology, biomedical, STM, Scientific, medical.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Paramount Recruitment
- Reference: JG/DME
Website: Paramount Recruitment
- Posted: 1st September 2021
- Expires: 29th September 2021