CK Group are recruiting for an DMPK Scientist to join the Biological Formulation Development (BFD) group in a leading drug discovery business, at their state-of-the-art facilities located in Slough on an initial 12 month contract.
Our client is in the business of improving the lives of patients around the globe with a particular focus on neurology and immunology-based diseases.
This position will be based on our client?s site in Slough.
£15.79 per hour PAYE.
DMPK Scientist Role:
- Build a good understanding of drug clearance and its implication in predicting the human pharmacokinetic profile and dose.
- Work with cryopreserved hepatocytes and or sub-cellular fractions to measure the metabolic clearance of compounds and help support human clearance predictions as part of drug discovery pipeline.
- Develop an assay to assess involvement of uptake transporters in the clearance of new chemical entities.
- Basic use of LC-MS/MS instrumentation and Hamilton Star automated liquid handling platform.
- Adhere to Healthy and Safety guidelines in the labs and on-site and working within the company Human Tissue Act (HTA) guidelines.
- A graduate scientist (BSc. / MSc.) in a relevant Life Sciences discipline.
- Experience in general in vitro lab skills ideally with cell culture.
- Be able to learn new laboratory skills quickly, demonstrate ability to follow protocols but also to design new experiments.
- Previous industrial experience in the area of drug discovery ideally in a DMPK laboratory.
- Hands-on experience with LC-MS/MS instrumentation and automated liquid handling platforms.
For more information or to apply for this DMPK Scientist position, please contact Dennis Beltman on 01438 870011 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 51532.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Dennis Beltman
- Phone: 01438 870027
- Reference: 51532
Website: CK Group
- Updated: 27th August 2021
- Expires: 24th September 2021