A rapidly growing, London start-up that has huge exposure in the packaging industry is currently recruiting for an R&D Chemist to join its team. This company has an ambitious mission to 'make packaging disappear' and is responsible for the development of biodegradable materials - applied into packaging to eradicate single-use plastics.
As R&D Chemist, you will take a leadership role in the development of new biodegradable packaging concepts, drive relationships with external partners and able to formulate natural polymers.
R&D Chemist responsibilities
- Research and lab-based testing of compositions for natural, edible, and biodegradable packaging applications
- Identifying, researching, and testing new leads to improve packaging properties, robustness, and shelf-life
- Formulation development for coatings, prototype testing and characterisation
- Liaising with academic institutions and commercial labs to organise third party testing
- Working with broader project teams to disseminate results, share knowledge and develop new research concepts
R&D Chemist requirements
- Master of Science degree in Chemistry / Physical Chemistry / Food Chemistry / Green Chemistry / Materials
- Experience in product development in the food, natural cosmetic and/or packaging industry
- Analytical mind-set and out of the box thinking strategy
- Experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- The ability to self-motivate and work without supervision
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to the varying nature of projects and business needs.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to organize priorities according to changing requirements
- Must be a team player with excellent communication skills
In return, there is a huge opportunity to join a disruptive start-up in the packaging industry that is actively leading the way in developing alternative materials to eradicate single-use plastics.
£Competitive + Shares + Pension + State of the art facility
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7053
- Posted: 26th August 2021
- Expires: 23rd September 2021