Laboratory Technician required, based in the High Peak. Degree in Chemistry, Biology or similar required and laboratory experience gained in an industrial environment.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Permanent, immediate vacancy
SRG is working with a multinational manufacturer of food and beverages, with a well-equipped laboratory based in the High Peak. The team are now looking for a new Laboratory Technician to join them in conducting chemical, microbiological and sensory analysis of their products. This will involve using a range of wet chemistry techniques and basic microbiological testing - with full training provided on techniques as needed. The successful candidate will need to have previous practical experience in a laboratory environment - this could be in the food, pharma, chemicals, environmental or life sciences industries - and a degree in Chemistry, Biology, Forensic Science or a similar discipline. You will ideally need to be available to start immediately or at short notice.
Benefits: You will work in a small team of Lab Technicians, with training providing across all techniques. Competitive salary, 37.5 working hours/week, Monday to Friday - working 1 weekend in every 3 (with time off in lieu). Flexible start and finish times. 33 days holiday (inc. banks), performance-based bonus, pension scheme and staff discounts on products.
Role / Description
- Undertaking routine testing of products including chemical, microbiological and sensory analysis
- Chemical analysis will involve titrations and spectrophotometry, micro analysis will involve TVC, pathogen identification and plating using filtration method.
- Calibrating and maintaining equipment as necessary
- Working to appropriate COSHH, hygiene, food safety and H&S standards, in a GLP environment
- Recording and reporting results, highlighting deviations and out of spec samples as necessary
- General lab housekeeping
- Previous industrial laboratory experience using practical chemistry or biological techniques
- Degree in Chemistry, Biology, Forensic Science or similar
- Good understanding of safe lab practice, COSHH and/or GLP
- Immediate availability or short notice preferred
- Good common sense and able to use initiative
- Able to well in a team or independently
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com or Raffaella.Rodighiero@srgtalent.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218 or Raffa on 0161 888 2517. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.co.uk to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, analysis, chemical, biological, forensic, contract testing, environmental, QC, technician, chemist, science, chemistry, biology, microbiology, biomedical, BSc, degree, applied science, testing, production, titration, spectrophotometer, TVC, wet chemistry
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2161733
- Posted: 26th August 2021
- Expires: 23rd September 2021