CK Group are recruiting for a QA Technician to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Haltwhistle on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is ISO9001 accredited and also works towards GMP standards. The successful QA Technician will ensure that documentation and procedures are maintained, continuously updated and meet with ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management system. The role would suit a degree qualified chemist who is looking for a lab-based role. The company offers a competitive salary dependent on experience as well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays, early finish on a Friday, free parking, life assurance and pension scheme.
The site is commutable by rail from Newcastle and Carlisle, as well as being commutable by road from Consett, Hexham and other local areas.
QA Technician Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Act as a catalyst for change and improvement in performance and quality.
- Provide a quality assurance service to the Company as a whole and their implementation where appropriate.
- Establish procedures to ensure that the Company provides products and systems which are fit for purpose and satisfy customer expectations\' particularly with reference to cGMP.
- Manage complaints, initiate corrective actions and ensure these are communicated throughout the relevant parties.
- Regularly check the control of quarantined stock.
- Ensure that manufacturing processes comply with standards at both national and international level.
- Analyse samples using a range of methods including GC to aid the running of the QC laboratory to ensure that all in-process, raw material and finished products analysis (as required) is carried out to a high level of accuracy and efficiency. This also includes but is not limited to quality control checking.
- Perform method validation using analytical techniques with established methods.
- Assist with the investigation of non-compliance/customer complaints via company policies and procedures.
- Aid in the formulation and trial of new product lines.
- Complete investigations and generate Scientific Reports from investigations or when requested from the line manager.
- Generate COSHH sheets and MSDS\'s using the appropriate software.
- Generate consistent high-quality results at all times while adhering to Good Laboratory Practice.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or a relevant science subject - 2.2 classification minimum.
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication with an excellent telephone manner.
- Driven, determined and competitive.
- Smart and well presented.
- Self- motivated with the ability to use own initiative.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Full and clean driving licence preferable.
For more information or to apply for this QA Technician position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job reference 51517.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51517
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 25th August 2021
- Expires: 22nd September 2021