We are currently looking for a Procurement Category Specialist to join a growing life sciences company based in the Hertfordshire area. The company is changing the future of the cell therapy industry and this is an opportunity for the right candidate a chance to be part of something challenging and unique.
The primary purpose of the Procurement Category Specialist is to be an expert in all aspects of procurement and the successful role holder will be responsible for deploying the vision and plans of the Procurement Manager.
Although the role is based in Hertfordshire, you will be expected to travel to Central London on occasion.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Procurement Category Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The provision of expertise in all category areas - the Procurement Specialist will be the focal point for complex/category matters to ensure compliance with legislation and any government restrictions including OJEU processes.
2. Providing support as and when necessary to the Procurement Manager and deputising when required for the Procurement Manager, together with day to day responsibility to deliver activity which reflects the needs of the company.
3. Principal interface with key stakeholders for all Categories. Proactively advising stakeholders on process, supply markets, timescales, supplier performance management, issues and procurement procedures etc.
4. Analyse expenditure and initiate and negotiate detailed contracts to ensure added value.
5. Overseeing and advising on OJEU public procurement processes and procedures for the Company.
6. Delivering a range of category objectives, including financial savings and optimisation of the P2P process, framework use, and Supply Chain improvements.
7. Drafting of specifications, selection criteria, questionnaires, contract schedules and other documentation; Managing e-sourcing and other purchasing systems, data, reports and records; Preparation of evaluation briefs and evaluation models; ? Responding to bidder queries; Contribution to Value Teams evaluation.
8. Preparing reports and proposals; updating spreadsheets and general records.
9. Good interpersonal skills and ability to develop/maintain relationships, particularly with key stakeholders.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Procurement Category Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. CIPS Graduate Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Level 6 OR working towards this accreditation and works in accordance with the CIPS Code of Ethics.
2. Diverse Category knowledge and a good understanding of financial systems and current software. Proven and demonstrable general procurement and data handling skills within a similar organisational context. This includes knowledge and experience of contract management and legal aspects, category management and procurement in a category management environment. The ability to provide strategic advice and guidance, understanding risk appetites and application of the relevant laws.
3. You will demonstrate an ability to focus on value for stake holders, be a creative thinker and problem solver and demonstrate your leadership / management skills (including setting a vision, planning, prioritising and making decisions). You will have excellent Customer Service skills and the ability to work quickly and accurately.
Key Words: Procurement | Purchasing | Category Management | CIPS | Supply Chain
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Eve Hegarty
- Phone: 0131 202 9700
- Reference: J5635409
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 25th August 2021
- Expires: 22nd September 2021