An innovate young start-up business that has recently acquired a major round of investment is currently recruiting for a Senior Analytical Chemist (Fragrance Encapsulation) to join its team based in Cambridge. The business focuses on a natural alternative to plastic, stemming from plant-based protein - a first of its kind in industry. As Senior Analytical Chemist, you will take a leadership role in development methods for measuring fragrance encapsulation products whilst supporting R&D on key synthesis projects.
Senior Analytical Chemist (Fragrance Encapsulation) responsibilities
- Developing methods and protocols for measuring fragrance encapsulation loading by for e.g., extraction of encapsulated fragrance from slurry, extraction of oil and encapsulate from substrates - fabric & hair, developing methods for measurement of oil in slurry & product formulations.
- Leading use of Gas Chromatography equipment for fragrance analysis and related experimental work e.g., developing protocols for fragrance quantification (total oil and component identification)
- Leading fragrance microcapsule stability studies to include measurement of microcapsule physical profiles (pH, microscopy, free oil, particle size), measurement of product physical profiles (pH, product appearance, rheology), assist with related sensory protocols and evaluations
- Leading slurry suspension system development & preservation of samples
- Supporting sensory performance testing to include preparation & sending of test samples to expert panels and for in-house evaluations, providing supplies & equipment to panels, running of product application tests e.g., washing machine tests on site.
Senior Analytical Chemist (Fragrance Encapsulation) requirements
- Possess a BSc level qualification in Biology, Chemistry or Food Science.
- Extensive knowledge gained within the food industry - working on fragrance/flavour encapsulation
- Previous experience with analytical chemistry, particularly running of GC equipment and analysis of related data, experience with microencapsulation of fragrance/flavour highly desired
- Experience of supporting a team and executing experiments with close attention to detail
- The ability to work efficiently, multitask and be a team player
In return, there is a real opportunity for the successful candidate to join a progressive business who are leading the way on innovation and development of alternative plastic materials. This will be coupled with a very competitive package including company share options and rapid growth.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7035
- Updated: 9th September 2021
- Expires: 7th October 2021