Job Title: Glasshouse Technician
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Contract: 12 months + extensions
Pay Rate: £11.84 an hour (circa £22,164 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading.
The Technical Support Team contributes to the business by providing plants and seeds for use in chemical screening research. This screening and research plays a pivotal role in the invention and development process for new active ingredients and secondly it provides technical support for our existing range of pesticide products, which collectively generate over $8bn of sales revenue each year.
The purpose of the Glasshouse Technician is to support CPR by producing and maintaining Plant material and seeds.
The job holder will work in either Horticultural operations or Seed supply and EPS operations within Weed Control and will be required to supply and maintain screening material using established and novel production techniques. The work can be physically demanding at times as responsibilities include preparation and movement of large numbers of plant units and extensive glasshouse working.
- Carry out day-to-day production and maintenance of plant materials to a standard that meets customers' requirements. Highlight problems promptly.
- Liaise with other staff in the Horticultural Operations Team to ensure a high level of customer support and satisfaction is being maintained.
- Develop technical knowledge and skills through experience of a wide range of production techniques.
- Identify areas for improvements in efficiency and contribute to problem solving in consultation with other team members and supervisor.
- Contribute to safety performance by maintaining a clean and safe personal working environment. Comply with all safety procedures and HSE regulations.
- Ensure compliance by self with DEFRA, CBD, QMS and HSE regulations on containment and use of genetically modified organisms and licensed plant material in glass-houses, growth rooms and labs.
- Be accountable for work being done with precision, accuracy and efficiency
- Good work ethic and works towards consistency in performing role
- Can be involved in training of daily tasks
The successful candidate should primarily be enthusiastic, consistent in their approach and willing to learn in a vibrant glasshouse production environment with high quality output.
Previous experience working with plants/crops as a hobby or as a soft landscaper
Awareness of growth and care requirements of plant material in the glasshouse.
You will need to be able to work in a team environment, understand set procedures and pay attention to detail whilst carrying out some repetitive tasks.
You may be required to stand for long periods of time, lift materials and/or transport materials around the nursery so physical stamina and a good level of fitness is important.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on Irfan.firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160070
- Updated: 8th September 2021
- Expires: 6th October 2021