Are you an experienced Scientist or a Biological Sciences graduate with laboratory experience looking for an exciting new job opportunity?
We are currently working an exclusive project and looking for a number of Associate Scientists and Scientists to be a part of an expanding team for a healthcare and diagnostics company in the Middlesex area. You will ideally be able to start immediately or on short notice. These positions will also include shift work between the hours 07:00 - 01:00.
As a Scientist, you will be involved in performing assays for assessing the presence of SARS-COV-2 in human biological specimens. This will include preparing samples, following SOPs and working in a Biosafety Level 2 laboratory.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Associate Scientist / Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for reconciling the human biological specimens delivered with the specimen manifest from the Clinical team according to the safety guidelines and relevant procedures.
2. As the scientist, you will perform viral inactivation, relevant sample preparation, extraction and PCR assay according to test procedures and then review test results against Quality Control data, tracks and records data and results in the appropriate LIMS database or relevant IT system.
3. You will follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Risk Assessments as applicable, ensure timely and accurate completion of all paperwork as well as strictly adhere to BSL 2 precautions in the laboratory.
4. As both the Associate Scientist and Scientist, you will be working in a fast paced environment and communicating across a cross-organisational team so you need to be able to work collaboratively and in a matrix.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Scientist / Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or diploma in a biological subject and experience working in a laboratory is required for both level of positions. For the Scientist level, you will need to have had significant experience working in at least a Biosafety Level 2 laboratory.
2. For the Associate Scientist, you will need to have had experience following SOPs and Risk Assessments and additionally for the Scientist level, you will need to have experience in RNA extractions and PCR assays.
3. For both levels, excellent communication skills to be able to work across a fast-paced organisational team and exceptional planning and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail is required.
Key Words: Associate Scientist | Biological Science | Molecular Biology | PCR | RNA | GxP | Biochemistry | Diagnostics | Healthcare | Life Science
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Debra Fong
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635313
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Updated: 23rd August 2021
- Expires: 20th September 2021