Operations Manager required on a permanent basis, based in Cheshire. Requiring proven industrial experience of production or operation management in the Chemicals industry, with a range of backgrounds considered.
Title: Operations Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £65,000 (dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a rapidly growing, multi-award winning company, providing innovative recycling solutions to the hazardous waste and chemical industries. They are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join their team at their site in Cheshire. This role will involve managing, developing, maintaining and continuously improving the performance of all resources, whilst ensuring that all aspects of operations are performed effectively.
- Ensure optimal use of plant such that throughput and efficiency is maximised.
- Continuously reduce the number of batches that require rework.
- Provide costs for any new streams that are proposed and advise commercial personnel of these costs.
- Liaise with development chemist regards new streams to ensure that information is generated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise with customers regards products/ processing/quality as required. Act as the main contact for resin, plus other key product streams as designated.
- Ensure that waste water and residues are collected from site such that the plant is not delayed due to water tanks being full and amount of residues on the yard are managed such that they do not exceed our limits.
- Monitor material stocks to ensure low tier COMAH level does not breach the COMAH upper tier threshold.
- Manage engineering costs and assist with reducing these where appropriate.
- A degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering (or similar)
- Good knowledge of organic chemistry
- Proven industrial experience of chemical operations or chemical production
- Experience of analytical techniques including wet chemistry, GC, HPLC or GCMS is considered desirable
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Experience of working on multiple projects simultaneously
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords:operations, manufacturing, production, science, innovation, STEM, chemicals, consumer goods, analytical, analyst, environmental, manager, project management, production manager, organic chemistry, chemical reactions, throughput, efficiency, plant, batch, batches, processing, quality, continuous improvement
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161273
- Posted: 22nd July 2021
- Expires: 19th August 2021