We are working with a leading supplier of analytical, research laboratory instrumentation, they are looking for an experienced area manager to lead the UK operations, marketing, sales, and customer support. As the area manager you will be responsible for all aspects of the business in the UK, whilst working closely with colleagues in Europe and in the US.
Our client is looking for a driven individual who possesses experience of scientific instrument sales process from initial contact, though technical proof to final sale. You should have first had experience and in-depth knowledge of chromatographic techniques, including HPLC and LC.
UK Area Manager Responsibilities:
- Manage the UK office and laboratory, carrying our all aspects of running the business in close liaison with the MD and UK team.
- Manage local marketing and sales processing in the UK.
- Seeking, developing, processing, and closing sales opportunities in the UK.
- Managing UK customer sample analysis in support of instrument sales and as contract measurement services.
- Technical and application customer support for new and existing UK users.
- Data analysis with report generation and presentation internally and externally at conferences and to customers.
- Participate in scientific meetings, exhibitions, user meetings and organization of seminars and in-house or offsite customer trainings.
UK Area Manager Skills & Requirements:
- Ideally hold a PhD or master's degree in chemistry, pharmacy, biology, engineering, or related sciences.
- Possess experience of scientific instrument sales process from initial contact, though technical proof to final sale.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of chromatographic techniques, including HPLC and LC.
- Additional knowledge and experience using Field-Flow Fractionation separation techniques (HPLC/SEC/PGC/FFF) and Light Scattering and Viscometric detection technologies (MALS/DLS/Visco) would be an advantage.
- First class communication and interpersonal skills are essential.
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + Benefits
Benefits: Bonus - Company pension - Pool car - Onsite canteen - Free parking
Role: Full time, permanent
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6986
- Posted: 22nd July 2021
- Expires: 19th August 2021