Medicinal Chemistry - Drug Discovery - Drug Development - Synthetic Chemistry - Integrated Projects
We are currently partnered with a biotechnology company in Cambridge who closed an extremely impressive Series B funding round at the start of 2021. This company were founded by Flagship Pioneering, and they are the first company developing medicines through an understanding of cell behaviors.
We are looking for a Principal Scientist with expertise in medicinal chemistry to play a vital role in the company's efforts to validate novel discovery approaches based on cell behaviour. Under the supervision of the Director of Chemistry, the ideal candidate will work closely with machine learning and biology teams to establish robust molecule design methods and design novel molecules to therapeutically manipulate healthy and diseased cell states.
The role will offer the responsibility of leading or co-leading 1-2 discovery programs, working collaboratively with other teams to rapidly advance discovery programs within the discovery portfolio.
The work focuses around four main target therapy areas currently: oncology, haematology immunology and metabolism - however this has stope to grow significantly in the future.
The ideal candidate will be independent, results oriented, possess excellent communication skills and be excited to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Co-lead exploratory and discovery teams to deliver development and clinical candidates
- Devise strategies to identify lead molecules and optimise them to target multiple cellular pathways/ mechanisms
- Design novel compounds with clear hypotheses for improved activity and properties; utilize relevant tools to assist in design, seek literature to support hypotheses.
- Contribute in an impactful manner to compound design and synthetic routes identification for portfolio projects.
- Develop medicinal chemistry strategies to improve drug-likeness, ADME/DMPK, and safety properties of molecules.
- Create and execute strategy to protect and expand intellectual property.
- Closely interact with external chemistry CROs as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Work closely with computational chemistry, AI and ML teams to implement relevant predictive models to aid in new design.
- PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry (or similar) and 5+ years' industry experience as a Medicinal Chemist
- Experience in leading or co-leading projects and driving programs from initiation through lead optimization phase to to clinical lead selection
- Demonstrated synthetic and medicinal chemistry skills through high-quality publications and patents
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in cross-functional teams with an emphasis on teamwork, collaboration, and communication within team and across the department.
- Drug discovery experience in multiple therapy areas would be preferred, but not essential
If you would be interested in discussing this opportunity further, please don't hesitate to reach out to us to request a conversation. You can contact Ali at +1 (0) 617 9821 700 / email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you!
You MUST be eligible to work in United States. Learn more
- Agency: Paramount Recruitment
- Reference: PSMC
Website: Paramount Recruitment
- Posted: 22nd July 2021
- Expires: 19th August 2021