A leading contract testing organisation is looking to appoint an operations director to lead its food analysis and testing team in London. Your goal will be to provide technical and commercial leadership to the organisation delivering on targets and ensuing customer satisfaction within the department.
Our client is looking for a driven individual who is pro-active driven has navigated change and a can turnaround a business. They are looking for a natural leader who has first-class leaderships skills is passionate and has the mentality and ability get the job done.
To be successful you should hold a relevant qualification ideally within a STEM discipline have proven experience in leading large-scale projects and possess a wealth of experience within the food contract testing sector.
Operations Director Key Responsibilities:
- You will be accountable for the operation of the food analysis and testing business including delivery of financial performance in line with the business plan.
- Maintain a first-class testing business by ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction and excellent business relationships.
- Establish clear goals and metrics for the food testing team.
- Service clients within market sectors in the UK, mainland Europe, and other global regions.
- Develop and implement strategies within the operations team and business development team to proactively drive sales.
- Maintain appropriate and effective health and safety arrangements for the laboratories and manufacturing areas.
- Assist with ensuring that the relevant quality accreditation is maintained through full procedural compliance; take overall responsibility for the adherence of allocated business units' conformance to the Quality Management System.
Operations Director Key Requirements:
- Hold a relevant qualification ideally within a STEM or closely related discipline.
- Proven experience in leading large-scale projects.
- Possess a wealth of experience and knowledge within the food contract testing sector.
- A pro-active approach; experience navigating change with the ability to turnaround a business.
- A natural leader who has first-class leaderships skills is passionate and has the mentality and ability get the job done.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
Salary: £. Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Benefits: Car allowance - life assurance - private medical - 5% matched pension - ICP scheme. - 25 days holiday + banks.
Location: Surrey, commutable from London
Role: Full Time, Permanent
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 7003
- Posted: 21st July 2021
- Expires: 18th August 2021