Job Title: Analytical Chemist
Location: Bracknell, Berkshire
Duration: 12 months + Extensions
Pay Rate: Up to £17 an hour (circa £31,000 per annum)
SRG is working with a global-leading agrochemical company based close to Reading who are currently seeking a Analytical Chemist to play a key role in the practical application of analytical techniques. Based at our international research and development site, you will be a member of the Product Characterisation Group (PCG) providing analysis for colleagues both on site and elsewhere within the global organisation.
You will provide analysis and data for agrochemical active ingredients and formulated products to support the development of products that enable sustainable agriculture to protect the environment whilst feeding a growing, global population.
You will be expected to effectively prioritise multiple tasks and deliver results in a rapidly changing analytical landscape.
This role is ideal for an early career scientist or university graduate with hands on analytical chemistry experience gained through either education or industry experience.
- Deliver timely, analytical results through your own experimental work and by supporting others. You will effectively plan and utilise your time.
- Follow analytical methods with due diligence and if necessary, adapt it, with prior discussion with a supervisor.
- Coordinate with other team members to ensure that relevant and timely experiments are conducted, and that suitable data is available to enable decision making for the project.
- Review, interpret and report data from experimental work to colleagues to ensure the objectives are met and that the goals of the projects are progressed.
- Be customer-focused by actively seeking information relevant to the work in hand and discussing issues and problems with colleagues in the analytical and formulation departments.
- Resolve basic, day-to-day problems with analytical instruments.
- MSc or BSc in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or a closely related subject and/or significant relevant analytical experience.
- Experience of analytical techniques and methods including LC and GC but knowledge of GPC, GC-MS, LC-MS, spectrophotometry and other techniques might also be valuable
- An open and inquisitive mind; applicants interested in expanding their knowledge into new areas of analytical science would be welcomed.
- Good attention to detail, flexibility and an aptitude for planning and multi-tasking.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Very good numeracy.
Apply online today. For more information about the role or application submission process please email Irfan Jabar on: Irfan.email@example.com.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2159345
- Posted: 21st July 2021
- Expires: 18th August 2021