A fast-growth start-up has an exciting opportunity for a Research Associate to join its Bioprocessing team. Your role will include the Design and execute experiments related to bioprocess development and set-up and operation of bioreactor technology. You must be educated to degree level in a relevant subject and have previous experience of cell culture and operating bioreactors.
The purpose of this role is primarily to perform scientific work to support the research, development and improvement of the company's platform manufacturing processes. As Research Associate you will join the Bioprocessing team to support the following duties:
- Design and execute experiments related to bioprocess development.
- Set-up and operate bioreactor technology at the bench to pilot-scale (50 L), to enable efficient expansion and differentiation of stem cell cultures.
- Support/prepare accurate records of experiments employing an electronic lab journal.
- Select, follow, and adapt experimental protocols and generate laboratory SOPs.
- Analyse, summarise, record, and communicate experimental results.
- Participate regularly in group meetings and prepare and deliver presentations to project team and internal stakeholders.
- Ensure that laboratory and workshop health, safety and quality procedures are followed.
- Support the preparation of laboratory risk assessments and maintenance of health and safety protocols.
- Routine laboratory maintenance.
- Maintain and organise laboratory consumable/reagent inventories (including purchasing).
- Shared responsibility for out-of-hours cell culture maintenance as required.
- Maintain the confidentiality of the project and protocols.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biotechnology or related field.
Experience of the following areas:
- Culturing mammalian cells and working under aseptic conditions.
- Experience of operating bioreactors.
- Experience of experimental design, execution, and data analysis.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures.
- Good problem-solving abilities.
- Good numeracy and communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Computer literate and ability to familiarise with different IT systems. Desirable Experience:
- Operating bioreactors up to 50 L and other upstream/downstream bioprocess technologies.
- Culturing of stem or primary cell types.
- Experienced with writing standard protocols, basic reports, and risk assessments.
- Knowledge and skills to use standard laboratory equipment (e.g. cell counters, nutrient analysers, osmometer, microscopes / imagers).
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6958
- Posted: 21st July 2021
- Expires: 18th August 2021