Job Title: Scientific Study Support (Toxicology)
Contract: 12 Months
Pay Rate: £16 an hour (circa £29,900 per annum)
SRG is working with a global leading agrochemical company with an exciting opportunity for you to provide support to the Human Safety group through the conduct of toxicology reviews (and management of subsequent testing strategies) for molecules. These activities will support the development and registrations processes for new and existing active ingredients, particularly in supporting EU registration activities for Ai's and/or formulations. These activities represent a temporal workload peak due to upcoming maternity leave which cannot be supported adequately from the resource currently available in-house.
Supporting activities in toxicology assessment within the European regulatory environment for plant protection products, the ideal candidate will have relevant training or experience in conducting toxicology studies and/or handling and interpreting regulatory toxicology data.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the delivery of specified toxicology studies (particularly dermal absorption), the analysis of toxicology data (particularly acute toxicology), extracting relevant information, assembling and interrogating this information, proposing and managing additional testing where appropriate to fulfil regulatory requirements.
- Contribute to the toxicological expertise within Product Safety by providing expert knowledge and capability in toxicology.
- Conduct evaluations of the toxicological properties of agrochemicals, and effectively communicate the outcomes of these assessments to project teams.
- Assist in the design and specification of in vitro and in vivo toxicology studies.
- Effective communication with internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage toxicology studies at contract research organisations.
- Minimum of a BSc level in Biology, Chemistry, or a related subject
- Experience of working with studies and scientific reports.
- Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
- Computer literate, including skills in Excel.
This is an excellent opportunity with possibilities for progression and development within the company. Apply online today and contact Irfan Jabar on Irfan.firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on the role.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2160706
- Posted: 20th July 2021
- Expires: 17th August 2021