Operations & Quality Manager required, based in Cheshire. Must have experience of managing projects relating to manufacturing or quality in cosmetics, healthcare, medical devices, wound care, packaging or pharmaceuticals. Operational experience of ISO 9001 or 13485 essential.
Operations & Quality Manager
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG is working with a small, but very exciting start-up company in Cheshire who combine chemistry and biotechnology, making impressive progress in the 5 years since their inception. Starting with just one product, they have expanded their portfolio in recent years to include innovations which benefit healthcare and therapeutics all over the world. They are now looking to hire an Operations & Quality Manager to coordinate UK and international projects for small scale production with global partners. This will mean managing supply chain, logistics, project teams and maintenance of quality throughout to ISO 9001. The role would be a brilliant opportunity for someone with an entrepreneurial outlook and a background in managing production or projects relating to manufacturing operations - particularly in medical devices, packaging, cosmetics, wound care or pharmaceuticals.
Benefits: Reporting to the COO, you will join a forward-thinking, ethically motivated business who have significantly exceeded their growth targets year on year and are genuinely passionate about their vision and values. High degree of autonomy and opportunity to grow the operations team in due course. Working hours: 9am - 5pm with flexibility. 24 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, share options.
Role / Description
- Managing collaborations with partners all over the world for small-scale, localised production projects
- International travel to kickstart and oversee projects, as well as meet with stakeholders (4-6 trips/year)
- Developing and delivering effective project planning and execution for major business initiatives
- Managing the supply chain including customer order processes, procurement, logistics and inventory
- Ensure excellent delivery of products and services to customers
- Coordinating operational infrastructure including IT, facilities and equipment
- Ensure that quality management processes (ISO 9001) are embedded in new projects, operations and localised partner-run production
- Ensuring that ISO9001 compliance and certification is maintained for all operations
- Developing operational standards for multi-partner collaborations.
- Building a Special Projects team to enable efficient operational capacity and capability in a highly responsive and effective manner.
- Managing contractors and partners in a project management capacity
- Project budget management for set-up, logistics, supply chain, delivery and distribution
- Hands-on experience in a role leading or managing technical operations, manufacturing or quality for cosmetics, medical devices, woundcare products, healthcare products, packaging or pharmaceuticals
- Strong project management skills, working with multiple stakeholders (international experience beneficial)
- Experience in managing/maintaining a quality management system; ISO 9001 or ISO 13485
- Operational understanding of supply chain and commercial activities
- Entrepreneurial mind-set, able to solve problems in a dynamic environment
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to Faye Allison at email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: operations, manufacturing, project management, production, science, innovation, STEM, quality, ISO 9001, ISO 13485, chemicals, packaging, consumer goods, consumer healthcare, medical devices, woundcare, FMCG, personal care, cosmetics, diagnostics, manager,
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2160467
- Posted: 19th July 2021
- Expires: 16th August 2021