Research Chemist required, based in Cheshire West. MSc or higher in Chemistry essential, with experience of building test rigs or test development for applications/screening.
Research Chemist - Test Development
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + benefits
SRG is working with a highly innovative business who specialise in the development of chemical additives for downstream industries including household care, agrochemicals and oilfield chemicals. Looking towards next generation chemistry, they are now hiring for a Research Chemist to join a dedicated team developing application testing capability for the business with bespoke test equipment, data acquisition and molecular modelling. This role will combine chemistry, automation and software to design and build test rigs, analyse data and screen chemical behaviour in end-product application. It would be a fantastic opportunity for a Chemist qualified to at least Master's level, who has postgraduate or industrial experience in building test rigs, high throughput screening or incorporating automation into lab-based testing.
Benefits: You will join a small team, working closely with research teams in a diverse and dynamic department - with training available both internally and externally. 38 working hours, 8.40am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday with some flexibility on start and finish times. 25 days holiday as standard plus 8 bank holidays. Enhanced pension scheme, private healthcare and annual company bonus.
Role / Description
- Designing, developing and building bespoke tests and test equipment to support Research Teams in screening products
- Combining real-world tests with data acquisition software to generate applications data and inform further test development
- Using Data Analytic Platform Techniques to develop novel test solutions for Research Teams
- Sourcing and validating innovative equipment, ensuring compatibility with existing hardware, safety and consistent performance in intended environment
- Working with third parties to develop or adapt specialist test equipment and/or software packages - including robotics, automation and niche technology
- Using molecular modelling techniques and statistical software to identify data trends and inform test development
- Providing equipment support to Research Teams, working with in-house maintenance to solve issues
- Managing projects to meet deliverables to agreed timescales with multiple Research Teams
- Acting as administrator for in-house LIMS
- Minimum MSc in Chemistry or similar
- Further study or PhD involving screening, test development, applications rig-building or interfacing test rigs with software - preferable.
- Practical experience of developing or building lab-scale test rigs or using screening technology combined with real-world testing
- Knowledge/experience of data acquisition software, molecular modelling or programming software is advantageous but not essential
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to think laterally and be creative with solution
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Faye on 0161 868 2218. If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors. As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: chemistry, MSc, Master, PhD, LIMS, LabVIEW, test rigs, test development, rig building, high throughput, screening, data acquisition, automation, applications, DAQ, QSPR, QSAR
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Contact: Faye Allison
- Phone: 0161 868 2218
- Reference: J2160761
- Posted: 19th July 2021
- Expires: 16th August 2021