We are currently looking for a Hazard Evaluation Scientist to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Northumberland area. As the Hazard Evaluation Scientist you will be responsible for technical expertise on process safety related matters to support projects at site.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Hazard Evaluation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Hazard Evaluation Scientist, you will ensure that chemical processes are properly assessed for process safety hazards prior to scale-up laboratory, pilot plant and manufacturing environments.
2. You will work closely with process development teams to identify potential reactive hazards and the establishment of process control solutions.
3. As the Hazard Evaluation Scientist, you will be involved in testing such as thermal stability screening, adiabatic calorimetry, reaction calorimetry, dust explosion testing, emergency relief evaluation as well as data evaluation and literature review to support hazard evaluations.
4. You will also work as part of a lab-based team to prepare reports based on your experimental results and communicate recommendations to project teams.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Hazard Evaluation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Chemistry or other related subjects.
2. Proven industry experience in a highly regulated industry; performing assessments of chemical process hazards, evaluating results and reporting recommendations.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with testing techniques such as thermal stability screening or reaction calorimetry.
Key Words: Health and Safety / Hazard Evaluation / Chemistry / PhD / GMP / Process Chemistry / Reports / Pharmaceutical / Northumberland
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Rachel Leong
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635271
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 15th July 2021
- Expires: 12th August 2021