An opportunity has arisen for an experienced senior chemistry analyst to join the organic laboratory of a leading water testing business at their state-of-the-art facility in Hampshire.
As a senior chemistry analyst, you will provide support, supervision, and leadership to the organic chemistry team, helping them meet their objectives. You will lead analysis tests using LC-MS and GC-MS, in addition, maintenance and troubleshooting of these instruments will be a key part of your role.
To be successful as a senior chemistry analyst you should possess experience using LC-MS and GC-MS routine analysis and maintenance within a commercial GLP regulated laboratory and have some experience leading, training, or supervising junior staff.
Senior Organic Chemistry Analyst Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting maintenance on LC-MS, GC-MS instruments.
- Responsibility for day-to-day organisation and prioritisation of sample workload through the Organic Chemistry section.
- Reviewing raw data to ensuring it adheres to the quality Standards.
- Responsibility for preventative maintenance on instrumentation & organisation of training of staff on all relevant laboratory methods.
- Develop and validate new analytical methods.
- Responsible to ensure all Organic chemical analysis is carried out in accordance with the Management System.
- Ensure data is accurately entered into the Laboratory Information Management System within set timeframe.
Senior Organic Chemistry Analyst Requirements:
- Previous experience using LC-MS and GC-MS within a commercial GLP regulated laboratory.
- Hold an academic qualification in an appropriate scientific discipline.
- Experience in Instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Excellent knowledge in organic chemistry.
- Experience leading, training, or supervising junior staff.
- Excellent numeracy literacy computer literacy and analytical skills.
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000
Benefits: 25 days holiday + banks, Stakeholder pension scheme & Life assurance, Cycle to work scheme, Wellbeing related benefits.
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Role: Full Time, Permanent
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6994
- Posted: 14th July 2021
- Expires: 11th August 2021