CK Group are recruiting for a Scientist Senior to join a company in the healthcare industry at their site based in Stevenage on a contract basis for 8 months.
Our client is a global healthcare company, taking on some of the world\'s biggest healthcare challenges.
This Scientist Senior role will be based at our clients site in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
Up to £27.80 per hour Umbrella.
Scientist Senior Role:
- Optimisation and application of CRISPR in primary human immune cells for the evaluation and validation of novel targets and cellular function. This will include the use of multiple-parameter flow cytometry and other cell-based assay techniques.
- Investigation of the mechanism of action of small molecule inhibitors using gene expression techniques and phenotypic assays.
- Contributing to project teams by generating strong data packages to support our programmers.
- You will also be given the opportunity to represent the IRU and Company by attending relevant meetings.
- BSc/MSc/PhD in Immunology, Molecular Biology or related field.
- Experience in DNA extraction, PCR/primer design and generating samples for sequencing.
- Expertise in gene editing and molecular biology techniques (CRISPR, Sanger sequencing, RNA isolation, RT-PCR analysis).
- Significant expertise in cell culture techniques (isolation and culture of primary human cells) and in optimisation and execution of cell-based assays (phenotypic and mechanistic) to support validation of targets and pharmacological evaluation of compounds.
- Hands-on experience in multi-parameter flow cytomety techniques for the characterisation of cellular responses.
For more information or to apply for this Scientist Senior position, please contact Dennis on 01438 870011 or email email@example.com, quoting job ref 51148.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
Please note that the successful applicant will be required to engage via an FCSA-accredited and CK-approved umbrella company and the rate of pay indicated is an umbrella rate.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Dennis Beltman
- Phone: 01438 870027
- Reference: 51148
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 14th July 2021
- Expires: 11th August 2021