A fantastic opportunity has become available for an Engineering Director to join a global Pharmaceutical organisation based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Engineering Director you will be responsible for large engineering team upwards of 50 personnel, consisting of production engineering, facilities, utilities, reliability and capital projects.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Engineering Director will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Total accountability for the management and execution of all Engineering related activities carried out on-site, including facilities, utilities, equipment maintenance and capital projects. Responsible for the strategic development of the Engineering Group and all on-site Engineering investment. You will have a significant Engineering budget in order to carry out the role and responsibilities effectively.
2. Manage internal company resources, (assets, financial and personnel) and external professional Engineering and other firms as part of the execution of equipment, facility and utility modifications, upgrades, and expansion projects.
3. Drive a culture of engineering excellence and technical capability improvement across the Engineering Group, particularly Continuous Improvement and Process Improvement. Upholding cGMP standards across the site.
4. The role of Engineering Director plays a key part of the Site Leadership Team, and will also help shape and influence the future of the site. You will have the opportunity to provide strategic change to the Engineering Group, helping to create new opportunities for the site.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Engineering Director we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will be degree qualified in an Engineering discipline and hold additional qualifications in either Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt or Black Belt certification) or Project Management (i.e. Prince2 Practitioner). The successful candidate will ideally hold Chartered Engineer (CEng) status.
2. You will have significant engineering leadership experience from a highly regulated cGMP manufacturing environment, such as the Pharmaceutical or Biotechnology sector. However, applicants with experience in alternative heavily regulated manufacturing environment such as nuclear and aviation will also be considered.
3. The successful candidate will have previous experience leading large engineering groups in excess of 40 personnel.
Key Words: Engineering Director | Director of Engineering | Head of Engineering | cGMP | Pharmaceutical | Biotechnology | Production | Manufacturing | Lean | Six Sigma | Engineering Excellence
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Ben Hamlin
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635266
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 13th July 2021
- Expires: 10th August 2021