An industry leading health food & supplement manufacturer in Leicestershire is looking for an NPD Technician to join its formulation team. You will play a key role in the formulation and development of new and existing products, and ensure the safety, legality and quality of products are met.
To be successful as an NPD Technician you should hold a relevant scientific degree and possess previous experience in a technical NPD or formulation role ideally within FMCG products or similar.
NPD Technician Responsibilities:
- Assist Technical Manager in developing contract manufactured products.
- Assist with the formulation of new products to enable accurate quoting & run production development trials.
- Ensure only approved suppliers are used prior to purchase. Liaise with QA to ensure appropriate approvals for all new suppliers, new materials or materials purchased from alternative suppliers.
- Raise change controls for changes to specifications, process, suppliers, or other matters in line with SOPs.
- Liaise with QA Manager to ensure continual improvement.
- Ensure new formulations to the system to allow prompt quoting.
- Produce accurate quotes for all new and existing products.
NPD Technician Requirements:
- Hold a relevant scientific degree, Chemistry, Biology, Nutrition or Food Science.
- Possess previous experience in a technical NPD or formulation role ideally within FMCG products or similar.
- Some knowledge around food manufacturing regulations or legislation would be advantageous.
- Ability to solve problems and provide innovative solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- First class communication skills.
Salary: £25,000 - £27,000 + Benefits
Role: Full time, Permanent
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Cranleigh Scientific
- Reference: 6988
- Posted: 13th July 2021
- Expires: 10th August 2021