CK Group are recruiting for a Senior Product Development Scientist to join a chemical manufacturing company specialising in titanium dioxide, at their site based near Grimsby on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client has a rich diversity and is spread across the globe. Specialist chemical manufacturers, this particular site manufactures TiO2 and due to increased workload, they are now looking for an experienced Senior Scientist to join the Product Development team. Hours are 8.30-4.30 with an early finish on a Friday, and the company offers 25 days holiday, generous pension scheme, private healthcare and bonus. Depending on skills and experience, they can offer a competitive salary.
Senior Product Development Scientist Role:
Your main duties will be:
- To take a lead role in all aspects of product development
- Planning and undertaking laboratory and pilot plant work
- Producing and testing prototypes and understanding and solving technical problems relating to the coatings and plastics segment
- Maintain Laboratory and pilot plant equipment/ instruments
- Be competent in researching IP space during concept development stage of projects
- Responsible for mentoring junior scientists
- Plan and perform laboratory and pilot plant work independently with guidance from Manager
- Be a resource on project team and plant trials (UK & abroad)
- Identify and share continuous improvement ideas
- Perform COSHH and risk assessments, participate in building safety initiatives
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, preferably a Master\'s or PhD in Chemistry
- Knowledge of Product Development environment
- Knowledge of industrial manufacturing and product awareness with a commercial awareness of the chemical industry
- A good knowledge of health and safety procedures generally in relation to internal Safety, Health and the Environment (SHE) and Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP) protocols
- Competent in Six Sigma methodologies (DOE etc.)
- Competent in documenting all potential Intellectual Property (IP); for submitting invention disclosures; and being part of a team working with attorneys on patent applications
For more information or to apply for this Senior Product Development Scientist position, please contact Sajra Hameed on 01246 457712 or email firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting job reference 51136.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Sajra Hameed
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51136
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 13th July 2021
- Expires: 10th August 2021