CK Group are recruiting for a Head Of Research And Development to join a chemicals manufacturing company at their site based near Lichfield on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is an established chemicals manufacturing company with a number of sites in the UK. They offer a range of benefits and mental health is is at the forefront of their ethos. Reporting to the Technical Director, the Head of R&D will be responsible for Formulation Development Chemists and Laboratory Technicians in the R&D team. This person will help shape the R&D strategy for the company as well as having full operational autonomy for setting and delivering the annual R&D program. You will manage, coach and inspire the R&D team to achieve success with personal development plans and SMART objectives, and will oversee all team projects including leading and providing creative ideas for product innovation. This role will include travel and overnight stays in the UK, Europe and occasionally Australia.
The company offers £55-65,000pa depending on experience, as well as 25 days holiday with the option to buy more with length of service, private health, critical illness cover, employee assistance programme and more.
The Head Of Research And Development will be based at the company\'s site near Lichfield, easily commutable from surrounding areas including Birmingham, Cannock, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Leicester, Derby, Stafford and more.
R&D Manager Role:
Your main duties will be:
- Implementing new ideas and systems to drive change
- Working with the Technical Director to define and shape the R&D strategy
- Carrying out product and market research to identify opportunities for technical advancement
- Identifying technical challenges and risks
- Setting and leading the R&D annual plan and team SMART objectives
- Reviewing team performance against SMART objectives with the Technical Director on a weekly basis, ensuring objectives receive focus where required
- Reviewing team capacity, identifying additional skills required to achieve objectives and adjusting resources accordingly
- Recruiting and managing in line with operational and Company H&S standards
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven experience of leading and managing an R&D technical team to achieve objectives, preferably in the chemical formulation sector
- Experience of setting SMART targets and of developing staff through coaching and feedback
- Experience of setting up a new team, or having solved problems in an existing team
- Able to foster a collaborative and motivated team culture
- Able to implement and drive through change
- Excellent project management skills
- Confident decision making skills
- Focused on continuous improvement including B2B and B2C business experience
- Shows commercial understanding and judgement
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in chemistry or a related subject
- Full clean driving licence
The following would be advantageous:
- NVQ Level 4 Leadership and Management qualification (or equivalent)
- Formal project management qualification
- Professional coaching qualification
- Interest in the automotive industry
Entitlement to work in the UK is essential. For more information or to apply for this Head of R&D position, please contact Victoria Walker on 01246 457702 or email email@example.com . Please quote reference 51119.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Victoria Walker
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51119
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 13th July 2021
- Expires: 10th August 2021