Laboratory Technician required, based in East Yorkshire. Requiring strong wet chemistry skills and previous experience of the analysis of raw materials and finished products.
Title: Laboratory Technician
Location: East Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000-£23,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
SRG are working with a well-established company that supply ingredients and raw materials to the pet food manufacturing industry. As a result of their continued success and imminent growth, they are now looking to add a Laboratory Technician to their team in East Yorkshire. The role would be ideal for someone with proven, strong wet chemistry skills and previous hands-on experience analysing raw materials and finished products.
Benefits: A successful and well-established company currently going through a period of growth, offering an opportunity with full training provided. 20 days' holiday allowance, plus bank holidays and company pension scheme. 40 working hours per week, Monday - Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm.
Role / Description
- Preparing samples of raw materials and finished products using a range of wet chemistry techniques dependent on method requirement
- Conducting analysis of samples as and when required
- Operating and maintaining standard laboratory equipment and instrumentation
- Organising and planning daily workload and liaising with the team to meet turn-around times
- Maintaining and developing quality of analysis within UKAS standards and guidelines.
- Strong wet chemistry skills
- Previous hands-on experience of analysing raw materials and finished samples
- Any qualification in Chemistry including BSc/HNC/HND
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with a willingness to learn
- Good communication skills and able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic, able to take initiative and ownership of tasks
If you would like to apply for this position, please use the link provided. Alternatively please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information regarding this position or any others, please call Chris on 0161 868 2225.
If you have a scientific background and this position is not relevant / suitable for you, please feel free to get in touch or visit www.srgtalent.com to view our other vacancies.
SRG is the UK's number one recruitment company specialising in the scientific, engineering, clinical, pharmaceutical, food/FMCG, energy & renewables, biotech, chemical and medical device sectors.
As scientists ourselves, our specialist sector knowledge and our passion are second to none. It's this combination that makes us different. We're committed to providing outstanding temporary, contract and permanent career opportunities of all levels for our candidates and a comprehensive range of expert strategic recruitment services for our clients.
Keywords: laboratory, testing, UKAS, accreditation, analysis, analyst, chemistry, chemist, analytical, pet food, wet chemistry, titrations, assay, GC, wet chemistry, raw materials, finished products, laboratory, lab tech, laboratory technician
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: SRG
- Reference: J2161107
- Posted: 13th July 2021
- Expires: 10th August 2021