HRS are currently looking for a Viral Vector Expert to join a leading cell and gene therapy company based in the London area. As the Viral Vector Expert you will be responsible for leading the development of new generation viral vector platforms and develop new strategies to support the cell and gene therapy in the UK.
This role will include leading multimillion projects as well as management of a small team. This role is not lab based but might require some lab based work at times.
This is an exciting opportunity for a viral vector expert with a strong background working in the development of ATMPs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Viral Vector Expert will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will act as the subject matter expert for the development of viral vectors for gene therapy application.
2. You will lead development programmes focused on viral vectors (AAV and Lentivirus).
3. You will lead and work day to day with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful completion of development programmes to support the UK cell and gene therapy industry.
4. You will deliver viral vector development projects through as well as generate and review experimental designs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Viral Vector Expert we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Biochemistry, Bioprocess, Biological Sciences. A PhD is advantageous.
2. Proven industry / academic experience in virology, focused on viral vectors (AAV, lentivirus) used in ex-vivo and in vivo modification.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with bioprocessing (upstream and downstream) activities / CMC / analytical process development / scale up etc.
Key Words: Viral Vectors / Subject Matter Expert / Cell and Gene Therapy / AAV / Lentivirus / DoE / Leadership / Influence / GMP / Upstream / Downstream / Scale Up / Management
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Contact: Christina Giakou
- Phone: 0203 910 2980
- Reference: J5635257
Website: Hyper Recruitment Solutions
- Posted: 12th July 2021
- Expires: 9th August 2021