CK Science are recruiting for an Office Based Technical Assistant to join a chemical manufacturing company at their site based in Haltwhistle on a full time, permanent basis.
Our client is ISO9001 accredited and also manufactures to GMP standards. The successful Technical Sales Assistant will assist the business manager in the business development of the company\'s product ranges with new and existing customers, as well as providing excellent customer service and troubleshooting. The role would suit a degree qualified chemist who is not looking for a lab-based role, but who has a telesales/ customer service background as well as being proactive, confident on the phone and self-motivated. The company offers a competitive salary dependent on experience as well as 25 days holiday + bank holidays, early finish on a Friday, free parking, life assurance and pension scheme.
The site is commutable by rail from Newcastle and Carlisle, as well as being commutable by road from Consett, Hexham and other local areas.
Technical Assistant Role:
Your main duties will be to:
- Aid with the business development of current and new product ranges.
- Provide technical support with timely follow up to customer requests.
- First point of contact for customers.
- Understand customer commercial and technical needs and opportunities.
- Research customer and the current marketplace requirements.
- Co-operate with and support the relevant internal departments.
- Inputting sales orders and following them through to invoice.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree or equivalent in Chemistry or a relevant science subject - 2.2 classification minimum.
- Practical experience in a sales based or customer service role.
- Excellent standard of written and verbal communication with an excellent telephone manner.
- Driven, determined and competitive.
- Smart and well presented.
- Self- motivated with the ability to use own initiative.
- Must be able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Full and clean driving licence preferable.
For more information or to apply for this Office Based Technical Assistant position, please contact Natalie Wood on 01246 457723 or email email@example.com, quoting job reference 51125.
It is essential that applicants hold entitlement to work in the UK.
You must be eligible to work in the UK. Learn more
- Agency: CK Group
- Contact: Natalie Wood
- Phone: 01246 457700
- Reference: 51125
Website: CK Group
- Posted: 9th July 2021
- Expires: 6th August 2021